Unexpected situations arise and you may need to cancel your order - we completely understand that. However, we ask all customers to do their due diligence before purchasing a scooter to minimize the likelihood of returns. We have a customer support team dedicated to helping you make the best decision possible, so please leverage that and don't hesitate to reach out with questions, comments, or concerns.
How can I cancel my order?
If you would like to cancel your order, please identify your situation by reading the return policy below and submit your return request here. Please note, the return policy does not apply to products purchased from the Clearance section of the website, all of which are final sale.
(1) Order hasn’t been shipped yet?
If the order has not been shipped yet, we will be able to process your full refund immediately. The refund takes 2-5 business days to be credited back to your original method of payment and you will receive an email notification when the process is initiated. If any items you requested from Electric Scooters London were not available on the website at the time of purchase (i.e. you purchased a custom item) or your order required labour to complete (i.e. you purchased an upgrade or requested a modification), the cost of these will be borne by the customer and therefore be non-refundable.
(2) Order has been shipped, but not received?
You will need to wait until the scooter delivery is complete and you have received the package. If the scooter remains unused, a full refund for the product is eligible. Simply complete the return request form here to initiate the process. Our team will provide you with a return shipping label to be printed, taped onto your scooter box (please remove the initial label) and dropped off at your nearest UPS store. When the product is returned, received and inspected by our quality control team, the return shipping fees will be deducted from your refund and the balance will be credited back to your original method of payment. The return shipping estimates are provided below:
- United Kingdom: £40 return shipping
- European Union: £50 return shipping
(3) You have received and used the scooter, but you would like to return it?
Sometimes products turn out different in person than they seem online - we understand that. You have 14 days from the date of delivery to return your scooter - the same steps will apply. Following your return request submission (which can be submitted here), you will receive a shipping label. The label must be attached to the box, and the box dropped off at the corresponding courier's drop-off point. Customers will be asked to cover return shipping charges (please reference option (2) above for estimated shipping charges).
All returned scooters must be in brand new and unused condition and come with all original components of the box. All returns will be subject to an inspection at the Electric Scooters London warehouse. If anything is missing or the scooter is damaged, there may be additional charges:
- Visual/Aesthetic Damage - for example scratches or dirt. A flat cleaning fee of £60 applies to returned units that require cleaning. A representative of the Electric Scooters London team will perform a fair assessment of the resale value of the scooter. The difference between the original sale price and the resale value will be subtracted from the refund to customer. As reference, a scooter with less than 10KM on the odometer can be resold for 80% of market value.
- Missing Charger - depending on the model, the value varies from £29 to £149. Please check the spare parts section for a better idea of prices.
- Missing Manual - a flat re-printing fee of £10 will be applied.
- Missing Tools/Allen Keys - a flat fee of £10 will be applied.
Let us be very clear - we do not accept returns of used products. If you choose to return a used product with any signs of wear and tear, re-stocking fees will be deducted from your refund. You will not be able to debate the decision, which will be entirely made at Electric Scooters London Teams' discretion.
If you would like to exchange your scooter for a different model, please let us know and we will evaluate the situation on a case-by-case basis. In majority of the cases we will be able to help you exchange it for a different model, however customer will still have to cover return shipping of the exchanged unit (one exchange permitted per customer per year).
(4) You have received the scooter, but it is defective.
We inspect every single unit shipped out and ensure it is securely packaged prior to shipping. However, in rare occasions some units can arrive with damage. If you suspect your scooter has been damaged right out of the box, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and a description of the issue, along with photo/video documentation to help us diagnose the problem. In most cases, we will provide you with a return label at our expense and ship you a new unit right away.